The United Reformed Church of PEI (a member of the URCNA) is a fellowship that is devoted to the
historic, Reformed faith. As a Reformed church, we embrace the teaching of the Bible (the 66 books
of the Old and New Testament) as the sole source of authority. We are also a confessional church
which means that we subscribe to the Three Forms of Unity.
We are a Christian Church which means that we believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, for the complete forgiveness of sins. Jesus Christ was born of the virgin Mary, suffered and died on the cross, rose again on the third day, and ascended into heaven where He continues to reign. From heaven, Jesus Christ sent His Spirit to dwell in the hearts of His people. By this Spirit, His people gather together to worship the One, True God. Please come and worship our LORD with us!
THE BELGIC CONFESSION
- was written in 1561
by Guido DeBres. These 37 articles summarize what the church
believes and defends the church from those who oppose it.
THE HEIDELBERG CATECHISM
- was authored mainly by Zacharius
Ursinus and Caspar Olevianus in 1563. The catechism was
written as a teaching tool for young believers. The
catechism is divided into three sections. The first explains
how great man’s sin is, the second how we are saved in
Christ and the third shows us how we are to live in Christ.
THE CANONS OF DORT
- was composed to refute the error of the Arminians who believed that salvation relies on man’s
effort. We believe that salvation is a work of God’s grace
(a gift) for us from beginning to end.
Mid-America Reformed Seminary
- Committed to training Reformed men for the gospel ministry.
Word and Deed Ministries
- Seeks to provide a holistic approach to community development through projects aimed at improving the spiritual, social, economical, educational, and medical health of developing communities.
Immanuel Christian School
- Provides Christian education to those in Charlottetown area.
Miami International Seminary
- MINTS seeks to establish nationally owned and operated Study Centers throughout the world for the training of church leaders.
PEI Right to Life
- Protects the Sanctity of life from conception to natural death on PEI.
Middle East Reformed Fellowship
- Provides Reformed teaching to Middle Eastern countries
which are traditionally closed to the gospel.
- Rev. Tony Zekveld's church planting work in Toronto, particularly among the Sikh people.
New Horizons Ministries
- Rev. Persaud's church planting work in the Toronto area.
|We worship the Triune God because we have
been commanded to gather together and because,
as humans, we are created to worship. As a
church, we are committed to worship God
according to His desire and commands. We do not
worship man or have man-centered worship; we
worship God as He demands.
I Corinthians 10:31
Therefore, we gather together every Sunday in
the house of prayer and worship with reverence
and awe. Our aim is to glorify God above all.
And in our lives, we desire to love God above
all and our neighbor as ourselves.
We believe that in worship, our covenantal God
enters into a dialog or conversation with His
people. God speaks to us through the preaching
of His Word, and we respond with songs and
hymns, and with prayers and thanksgiving.
Romans 10, Ephesians 5:19